Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thinking 'bout that EGG

So I've started this blog as required by my seeing sideways class, which is interesting so far to say the least. I mean how many people take classes that have the homework "blog your thoughts about an egg"? I like it, so here it goes.

After grabbing probably the best kind of egg of all time and any dimensions, I had one thought: who was the first guy to want to eat this thing after it's come out of a chicken's butt? He/she couldn't have been completely there, if you know what I mean. However that thought got me going to another thought I've been thinking for a long time: How much work has it taken to get from the stone age to present conditions.

Some of the most brilliant people have changed the world for the better, and most people today take that for granted. I know I couldn't survive without a computer or cell phone and people like me used to be made fun of (I'm old enough to remember that). Now we have people that are so desperate for things like the internet they have wireless routers you can install on your car....for use while you're driving. Even that's starting to be outdated since everyone now has a blackberry or iphone and doesn't need wifi to plant crops in Farmville.

I think about an egg and am reminded of how far we've come in the years we have. At this rate my dad might get the jetpack for daily commuting like he's been wanting since he was 5. I'll get my flying car to avoid traffic, and then I'll be the old guy telling my kids "back in my day, not everything was a touch screen interface and cars drove on the road.

*Ironically enough, Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A Changin". I'm dead serious.

The egg I thought about, which was a Cadbury egg by the way, makes me think about all the technology we have and what will come in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment